Day 9 - Blacksburg, VA to Whyteville, VA (65 miles)

Woke up and said goodbye to our friendly hosts. We started biking towards Whyteville/Rural Retreat. I had a tough day. I blew one tube with a snakebite puncture, blew another with a cracked valve and then had my chain break. But, I was able to fix everything and keep moving. I was a bit afraid since I was out of tubes if another one broke (not likely, but could have still happened). I imagined myself being like a person in the Oregon Trail where I would need to barter tubes for powerbars. But, I made it to Whyteville OK. I then was able to stop at the local EMS, where Dustin secured us a place to stay. I ate some tasty mexican food, kicked it some with the EMTs and Dustin and Abe and then slept on the couch.

Comments

  1. isn't sacagawea with you to help out with this stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 49: Over Togwotee, into Jackson (72 miles) Day 50-52: Siesta/Fiesta in Jackson

Day 40: Dillon to Hot Sulphur Springs (61 miles)

Day 53: Jackson, WY, over Teton Pass, to Swan Valley, ID (50 miles)