Day 18: Utica, KY to Shawneetown, IL (70 miles)

Today was a pretty good riding day initially as we made our way to Shawneetown. Our detour around the flooding and the high Ohio River at Cave in Point worked. I, being a klutz, forgot my phone in the town beforehand. I started to plan to ride back 15 miles, get the phone and ride back before dusk, but Dustin and Jon encouraged me to ask around for help. As I tried to ask the folks at the police station for a ride (couldn't cross back into Kentucky) and folks at the gas station, things didn't seem like they'd work. One of the employees, Judy, was so kind to let me borrow her car and drive back to pick up my phone. It's one of the nicest things that's ever happened to me. I hope I can pay it all forward some day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 49: Over Togwotee, into Jackson (72 miles) Day 50-52: Siesta/Fiesta in Jackson

Day 40: Dillon to Hot Sulphur Springs (61 miles)

Day 53: Jackson, WY, over Teton Pass, to Swan Valley, ID (50 miles)