Day 21: The Hard Day? Farmington, MO to Eminence, MO Day 22: Rest Day in Eminence

Dustin woke up early to meet up with his mom and dad in Eminence, but it sure was cold and rainy at 730 am. Jon and I looked outside and after getting a voicemail from Dustin that he was getting soaked, we decided to sit on the couch and watch infomercials until 10, when the rain had set from a drizzle. Some folks consider this day to be the hardest of the trip with it's roller coaster climbs. Luckily, the inclement weather meant that the wind came unusually from the South or South East, giving us the occassional tail wind. I stopped in Ellington to eat the typical gas station sandwich; when I biked another 200 yards through town I saw that there was a festival with all types of carnival food. I really wanted a funnel cake, but I pushed onwards. For the last few miles through the Ozark Scenic Riverways, Dustin and his parents picked up my rear bag, which allowed me to zip up and down the last few climbs. I thought the day was challenging, but wasn't as tricky as the day that we biked to Breaks, VA.

We spent the evening and the next day relaxing with Dustin's family. Plenty of carbs, some hiking along the riverways, sleeping on the not ground. It was super nice to meet them. Ozarks were mostly done... onto the plain states.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 49: Over Togwotee, into Jackson (72 miles) Day 50-52: Siesta/Fiesta in Jackson

Day 40: Dillon to Hot Sulphur Springs (61 miles)

Day 53: Jackson, WY, over Teton Pass, to Swan Valley, ID (50 miles)