Day 14: Booneville, KY to Berea, KY (50 miles)

A short ride in preparation for making our way to the Maker's Mark factory on Monday. It was a lovely sunny day in the morning, so I took my time leaving and jammed out to some music on my iPod. Leaving finally around 11, I made it into town. We did some laundry and ate some ice cream at the Dairy Queen. I railed about how it was unamerican that we couldn't drink a Mint Julep where we were (dry county, again), then missed the running of the derby itself because the announced time of the start of the race was wrong on my phone. Womp womp.We pulled into camp at the Oh! Kentucky campground and I bought some things at the Walmart. Onwards to tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 49: Over Togwotee, into Jackson (72 miles) Day 50-52: Siesta/Fiesta in Jackson

Day 40: Dillon to Hot Sulphur Springs (61 miles)

Day 53: Jackson, WY, over Teton Pass, to Swan Valley, ID (50 miles)